Statement of intent
How do you intend to use the four areas of theoretical framework
to communicate meaning and meet the requirements of your chosen brief?
Product 1
Product 1
In order to reach the requirements of the brief I was targeting
for an age bracket of between 16-25 years old. As my own decision, I geared my
magazine towards the female audience and targeted the higher end of the age
bracket. With this in mind, the media language used had to suit the
requirements of these individuals. Firstly, the colour scheme for my magazine
were both pastel, this aimed for the culturally sophisticated audience type as
they could interpret this as a latest trend; consequently, the pastel colours
which I used were all linked to a specific colour scheme for each edition.
Moreover, in order to hit this bracket I located my shoots in central Manchester-
places which people up North would instantly recognise and the shot type
enabled features such as company names- this further allowed individuals to
understand most shots were made at the Northern Quarter- a chic and grunge
location which stands for the heart of the city.
For representation, I made sure that my magazine met the
needs of two different social groups. For the first social group, I aimed for
the slightly lower part of the age bracket (17-18) in this case I wanted to
direct my representations towards the higher age bracket who were affected by
the Manchester attack. This magazine s highly suited for them as they seek the
latest trends and designer is the entire trend in modern society. As well as
this the brand name ‘Esteem’ shows how the audience can use this magazine to
guidance on how to gain and build confidence. The second social group aimed for
the higher bracket (19-20) as this would leave me with a group of individuals
entering their future career and therefore needed to seek advice on confidence
also. With the development in women’s role in society, feminism was a driving
force for this edition of the magazine; this would interact with professional
women in society and indicate pointers towards strength.
To reach out to my specific audience type, research was an
essential part. In order to locate their interests and dislikes, I created a
questionnaire which was handed to individuals who fit my audience type. With
this I found out much information about them and therefore content was
constructed around their interests. Overall high end fashion and looks on
models were a key aspect which these individuals wanted to be updated on and
therefore became an essential content part of my magazine further enabling interest
an engaging with the audience.
In accordance to industries Bauer was the intended media
group who would own my company. With this in mind, further research was lead to
find out key characteristics about the business. Overall, I found that “compelling
quality content” was a key feature of their products and their content reaches “22
million adults”. This therefore meant that the content which I produced ha to
include mainstream culture in order to communicate a meaningful message to the
audience. Moreover, I created a unique selling point in which both magazines
were different editions providing a unique style and range of matter for each
magazine.
Product 2
How do you intend to link your media products to demonstrate
your knowledge and understanding of the digitally convergent nature of media
product?
Digitally convergent is the ability to view the same
multimedia content from different types of devices due to the development in
connection methods. With this in mind, my magazine directly interlinks to my
website as there is a multi-media platform located next to the masthead. This
means that the audience can access this information quickly and sufficiently as
a direct link has been made. Moreover, as readers access the website a
subscription box at the bottom of the web page allows individuals to keep regular
updates with the company and therefore this creates loyalty between the company
and the reader. With online content, this makes it easier for the reader to
access as it is free and also easy to use. Updates are instant and therefore it
is not necessarily required for the audience to buy a magazine unless
subscribed where a copy will be sent directly to the individual through the
post.
Comments
Post a Comment