Sketches for magazine 2

My intended design for my second magazine design entails a female empowering magazine. This magazine should feature articles on female dominance and how women are redefining traditional stereotypes. I decided to use this intertextual reference as feminism and the changing role of women in society is a particular interest of mine and I believe that equality should be reached between men and women within society. In particular, I believe that women in the fashion industry is particularly important as women should be able to wear what they want and feel comfortable in what they choose to wear. In particular, I have aimed for a target audience of young women in professional positions in the workplace as they are facing extreme segregation from their male peers. Therefore, this issue should give them the confidence and top tips on how to feel confident and empowered by what they wear. 

My initial designs show how I wanted to encourage female empowerment by using a dominant close up shot. I have successfully done this in the creation of my front cover in order to create authority and encourage the power of females. In particular, I wanted to achieve a serious facial look, in order to acknowledge the power and lead which women can have. The model is planned to wear a pastel coloured suit- challenging the conventions of a traditional masculine suit- consequently acknowledging the movement of women in the work place. My intended location was at Manchester Central library- suiting the requirements of the professional work environment, however, after research, the lighting and environment of the Principal in Manchester, suited a sophisticated audience type better. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First edition- Contents page

Website research

Front cover research