Front cover research
This research allowed me to look at what front covers have in common and how magazine companies purposely use marketing techniques to focus on a particular audience. In particular, I managed to explore colours and mis-en-scene in much detail. The creative factors are key to a front cover and must show a particular emotion in order to present itself to the correct audience. I chose front covers which I believed related to a culturally sophisticated audience and therefore these are the type of overall image and layout which I needed for my magazine. Different ethnicities had also purposely been used to show a multicultural and diverse society. This had purposely been used to challenge stereotypes and show that beauty is within. This key message has become a critical point for me and the creation of my magazine. To evaluate, this part of my research was critical as I have now adapted and expanded my knowledge in the necessary content needed on a magazine front cover.
Comments
Post a Comment